Ireland Lyme Conference 2012
Clontarf Castle, Dublin. 5/6 June 2012
Half day Tuesday 5th June - protection & prevention tips, plus tick-borne infections in animals
Full day Wednesday 6th June - lyme disease in humans including testing, treatment & research
Clontarf Castle, Dublin (close to the airport, city centre, motorways & ferry terminals)
The conference will be suited to the following audience:
Tuesday session – members of the public who enjoy walking, camping or hunting, pet owners, farmers, park rangers & vets
Wednesday session – patients of diagnosed or suspected tick-borne diseases, doctors, nurses & interested scientists. Note: This conference has been CPD Accredited for the following professionals: Society of Biologists, General Practioners, Vets & Veterinary Nurses.
TOPICS OF PRESENTATIONS:
Afternoon Tuesday 5th June: (Speakers profiles)
- 1.30-2.15 Introduction by Tick Talk Ireland: Lyme Disease in UK & Ireland, results of our Ireland tick survey plus methods of protection
- 2.15-3.00 Dr Eoin Healy (Ireland): The Factors Influencing the Density and Distribution in Space and Time of the Tick Ixodes ricinus
- 3.00-3.25 Break
- 3.25-3.45 Dr Paul Nolan (Ireland): Prevention is better than no cure
- 3.45-4.15 Jyotsna Shah (USA): A comprehensive approach for diagnosis of Lyme and associated Diseases
- 4.15-5.00 Mícheál Casey (Ireland): An overview of tick-borne disease in Irish farm animals
All day Wednesday 6th June: (Speakers profiles)
- 9.30-9.45 Introduction by Tick Talk Ireland
- 9.45-11.00 Dr Joseph Jemsek (USA): Dawn of a New Paradigm in Chronic Illness - The role & relevance of Lyme Borreliosis Complex
- 11.00-11.25 Break
- 11.25-12.15 Dr Armin Schwarzbach (Germany): Staging processes in the laboratory diagnosis of Lyme and co-infections by indirect laboratory tests
- 12.15-13.05 Dr Eva Sapi (USA): Killing Borrelia – is it possible? Tackling cysts & biolfilm during treatment
- 13.05-14.05 Lunch
- 14.05-14.50 Dr Jean Monro (UK): Supportive therapies for the Nervous System
- 14.50-15.20 Ms Kate Bloor (UK): An online survey of Lyme patient's experience of health care in the UK and Eire
- 15.20-15.45 Break
- 15.45-16.30 Nicola Darrell (Ireland): Herbal Treatments for Lyme Disease - a look at treatment for lyme & management of post lyme symptoms
- 16.30-17.00 Questions & Answers session
Sponsors are welcome to help us cover costs of the conference. (See our current sponsors). General sponsorships can be accepted (of any amount). If you like to sponsor a specific part of the conference such as speaker's flights, speaker's accomodation, volunteers accomodation, event advertising, conference material etc please feel free to indicate in the comments box in paypal. Sponsors can be listed on our site, with major sponsors mentioned also on our conference material. If the sponsor prefers to remain anonymous however, this can be stipulated in the comments box during payment.
- Half Day Tuesday 5th June: registration begins at 1pm, conference runs from 1.30 to 5pm = 25.00 Euro – coffees are included in the price
- Full Day Wednesday 6th June: registration begins at 9am, conference runs from 9.30 to 5pm = 45.00 Euro – coffees & buffet lunch are included in the price
- Both Days (afternoon 5th June / all day 6th June): registration & conference times above are applicable = 55.00 Euro – coffees both days & buffet lunch on Wednesday are included in the price
- Please note the early bird special (a saving of 5 euros per person) has now expired end of April!
For payments by cheque or money order please contact us for address details.
*Please retain your paypal receipt to show on arrival*
Clontarf Castle has offered a rate of 109 per room (single) & 119 per room (double). To obtain this rate please quote the ref code: TICK TALK IRELAND – Clontarf Castle is now fully booked for Tuesday 5th June (for more choices on accommodation please click here)
Price includes 4ft table, coffee & wed buffet lunch (where applicable). Max 2 per table booked. 50% deposit payable now, remainder due 31st March 2012.
Please click here to download exhibitor's booking form, more details are included on the form.
AllConferences.Com Directory of Conferences, conventions, exhibits, seminars, workshops, events, trade shows and business meetings. Includes calendar, dates, location, web site, contact and registration information.